Vereshchagin remains from a field of 429 female students athletes who participated in collegiate sports in all three divisions. The nominees have been whittled down to 30.
In September, three finalists will be selected from the nominees and the winner will be chosen on Oct. 14.
Here's just some of Vereshchagin's accomplishments:
- National champion in the 100-yard breaststroke.
- At the national meet, she collected four top-three finishes and collected six All-America certificates.
- 19 career All-America awards.
- Kenyon’s 2012 Senior Athlete of the Year
- A 3.79 grade point average as a double major in biology and modern languages and literature.
Solon has already had a NCAA Woman of the Year Award winner. Catherine Byrne, who went on to swim at Tennessee, won the award in 1992.