It's been an up-and-down season so far for the Solon Comets.
The 1-1 Comets had a , but then c.
Up next tonight at Stewart Field is Akron Buchtel, an 0-2 team that really can't be judged by their record. That's because they opened their season with two power programs, Masillon and St. Edward.
Here's five things you need to know about the Week 3 matchup:
1. Game Time: 7 p.m. Friday. The game will be played at Stewart Field at .
2. Matchup History: This is the third meeting between the Comets and the Griffins, and the series is tied 1-1. The last meeting was a 28-2 Solon win last season.
3. Work to Get Better: Solon Coach Jim McQuiade said tonight's contest is a big test for the Comets. "This is a big week for us," he said. "Buchtel is a great team with a lot of talent and we need to work towards getting better so that we can be successful."
4. Celebrate Solon: Solon will hold its 3rd annual Celebrate Solon tailgate party before the game against Buchtel. The festivities will take place behind the home stands and will begin at 5:00 p.m. The Solon Italian Club and Music Parents will be selling food, members of Solon High School’s SADD will be painting faces, and the Solon High School Marching Band will provide enter- tainment. Don't miss it!
5. Band Bash Coming Up Too: It’s finally here! The 2012 Solon High School Band Bash will take place at Stewart Field on Saturday night at 7:00 p.m. in what is sure to be a great event. Tickets are available at the gates. For more information, contact the Solon Music Parents. A special thanks to the band and Director Ed Kline for all of their support of Comet Football.