Our top story of the year, both in terms of readership and discussion, was the announcement that the Solon Center for the Arts was under investigation.
Have you heard there's something going on at the Solon Center for the Arts but don't know the details? Solon Patch has been reporting on the story, and has a number of articles that can get you caught up.
The gist: Executive Director Karen Prasser resigned in early September. The next week, the city announced that they were investigating "irregularities" at the arts center under the city's new fraud policy.
Let's be clear: It has not been confirmed that Prasser's resignation is linked to the investigation, and city officials aren't talking.
Russell Schneider, an assistant recreation director, has been appointed as acting director. Mayor Susan Drucker has said the arts center is operating smoothly, and has not cut programming.
Still, many supporters of the arts in Solon are troubled. They say the arts center is being marginalized and they worry that gains made during Prasser's leadership will be lost.
Solon Patch will keep reporting on this story as it develops. In the meantime, you can get caught up by reading our older articles:
- Karen Prasser Resigns As Executive Director of Solon Center For the Arts
- City Investigating 'Irregularities' at Solon Center for the Arts
- READ: Solon's Anti-Fraud Policy
- Police Silent on Role in Solon Arts Center Investigation
- Mayor: Operations Running Smoothly at Solon Center for the Arts
- The Future of the Solon Arts Center: What Should It Be? (POLL)
- Russell Schneider Appointed Acting Director of Solon Arts Center
- City Halts Arts Center Patio Project; Returns Donor Funds
- Read the Memos At the Center of the Arts Center Controversy
- Should the Arts Center Move? Councilman Brings Up The Idea
- Investigators Focus On Arts Center Secretary's Work With Friends Group