Solon voters will take to the polls today to have their say on a number of important issues.
Will be outlawed in Solon? Will be able to rezone land to ? Who will be named to the on the Solon school board?
If those interesting local races aren't enough, Solon voters will also weigh in on Issue 2, the statewide referendum on a law to reform Ohio's collective bargaining rules.
Solon Patch doesn't opine on issues, but we will say this: Voting is your most important right, and the best way to have your say on the future of your community and the state is to head to the polls today.
Here's what you need to know:
1. I don't know enough about the issues. Where can I learn more? The best place to get up to speed on Solon's local issues is . We have bios of the candidates and links to our coverage of the issues. We've also covered Issue 2, so check out our stories about that.
2. When are the polls open? Polling places open at 6:30 a.m. and close at 7:30 p.m.
3. What should I bring with me to the polls? Voters must prove their identity to vote. According to the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections, you can use:
- A current and valid photo identification card (e.g., driver's license or state ID)
- A military identification
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the voter’s name and current address.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The notice from the elections board saying you are registered DOES NOT count as identification.
5. Where do I vote? Every Solon voter has a designated polling place based on where they live. The best way to find your polling place is to visit the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections and use its polling place locator.
6. Where can I see sample ballots? Again, head over to the Cuyahoga Elections web site and use the ballot search.
7. Where can I get election results? Right here! Solon Patch is your best source for local election news. We will post results as soon as we get them, and will provide all the analysis of the results you need to stay informed.