An arraignment date has been set for the man accused of stealing four vehicles and three snow blowers between November and February.
Maurice Jones, a 42-year-old Cleveland man, is scheduled to appear June 12 in Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court for 14 counts of burglary, breaking and entering and grand theft of a motor vehicle. All incidents allegedly occurred in Solon.
Here's a rundown of Jones' reported thefts, according to :
- A 42-year-old Solon Boulevard resident reported his 1990 Buick LeSabre stolen from his driveway the morning of Nov. 2. The vehicle was valued at about $3,000.
- Two days later, a 60-year-old Solon resident said his 1991 Chevrolet Astro Van, worth $600, was stolen from the Vintage Wine Distributors parking lot at 6555 Davis Industrial Pkwy.
- Exactly a month later, a 39-year-old Parkway Drive resident reported a 2002 Chevrolet pickup truck stolen from his driveway. That vehicle was recovered within an hour a few blocks away.
- Residents from Solon Boulevard and Edgemoor Avenue collectively reported two stolen snow blowers, a missing lawn mower and a stolen leaf blower. Both victims said the items were taken from attached garages.
- On February 17, a woman from Edgemoor Avenue said her 1995 Chevrolet van was stolen from her driveway. Police discovered a Buick, which had been stolen from Garfield Heights, unoccupied and running next door. A leaf blower was also reported stolen from Duneden Avenue that same day.
All incidents were reported within less than a half-mile of each other.
Solon Police Detective Thomas Terwilliger presented DNA evidence from one of the vehicles in May to a grand jury. Terwilliger also provided cell phone records and surveillance video from area businesses to show that Jones had coordinated a series of thefts.