The owners of Solon Square on Aurora Road want to modify the plaza to create three new storefronts south of where grocery store Earth Fare plans to locate.
The healthy grocery store plans to open where Stein Mart was located. The modifications, according to the planning department documents, seeks to create the new store spaces and better coordinate the design with the rest of the plaza.
The Solon Planning Commission has been discussing the plan, which requires a number of variances and permits. The commission discussed it again on Oct. 9. Patch will have an update to this story soon.
Besides changes to the plaza, the owners also seek to modify the parking lot to improve the flow of traffic.
The changes are the latest in a big overhaul underway on Solon's aging shopping plazas. The Solon Village project is completely remodeling the former Solar Center at SOM Center and Aurora roads. Marc's is also expanding and improving its facade to improve the look of that shopping center.
Improving the city's retail core has been a central tenant of Solon's master plan.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Thieves Strike All Over Solon In Rash Of Car Break-Ins: Interactive Map
- Child Taught to Steal, K9 Teased, Man Attempting to Bail Friend Arrested: Best of the Blotter
- House for Sale Has Stone and Maple Fireplace Framed by Maple Bookshelves
- City, Solon Companies Have Part- and Full-Time Jobs Available
- Three-Peat! Solon Science Olympiad Teams Win National Championships