Solon Girls Track & Field Wins Indoor State Championship
Congratulations to the Girls indoor team on winning states last weekend.
The Solon girls indoor track and field team won the state championship on Saturday, a feat that included a number of great individual performances.
According to Solon Athletics, the girls team won the state meet held in Akron on Saturday.
Here are some individual results from the meet:
- The girls 4 x 200 meter relay team, comprised of Tinisee Kandakai, London McNair, Jelvon Butler and Paige Yaeger won the division 1 state championship.
- Therese Haiss won the 1600 meter run. Haiss also was the runner up in the 800 meter.
- Jelvon Butler took fourth place in the 200 meter dash.
- Elizabeth Obi won the triple jump. Emily Arinze came in fifth place.
- The girls 4 x 400 meter relay team came in second and set a new Solon school record. The team is McNair, Yaeger, Haiss and Butler.