Man Injured, Home Damaged In Summerset Drive Fire
The blaze caused about $100,000 worth of damage to the home and items within.
A Solon resident was taken to the hospital and treated for non-life threatening injuries after a fire started in his garage while he was working on his motorcycle, Solon Fire Chief Bill Shaw said.
The fire occurred March 9 at 34091 Summerset Dr. At about 12:40 p.m., firefighters arrived to find the attached garage of the home on fire. Firefighters extinguished the fire in about 20 minutes.
The homeowner, who was in the garage, was taken to MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland to be treated for burns.
The fire was an accident, Shaw said. The man was working on his motorcyle's gas tank in the garage when some gasoline from the tank was ignited by a nearby space heater.
Damage was estimated at $60,000 to the structure and $40,000 to contents.