Lil John Is Champ Of Celebrity Chili Cookoff
The 3rd annual Solon Celebrity Chili Cook-Off raised more than $3,000 for charities.
Lil John Rinaldi, most famous for his role on "Big Chuck and Lil John," can also cook a mean batch of chili.
Rounding out the top three were Solon Police Chief Chris Viland in second place and, yours truly, Solon Patch Local Editor Chris Mazzolini in third place.
The other celebrities were Cure for Cancer Spokesman Vince Miozzi, The Gaitway Equestrian Team (with Willy the Horse), Cleveland State assistant basketball coach Jermaine Kimbrough, Solon Mayor Susan Drucker, whose chili was so popular residents were scraping it from the bottom of the pan (see photo) and Solon High Principal Erin Short.
Most importantly, the event raised about $3,100 for eight charities. They are:
- Solon Recreation's Blue Ribbon Program
- National Black Child Development Institute
- American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Womankind - Pregnancy Support
- Solon 100
- The Gaitway Equestrian Team
- Hands, Hearts and Homes Outreach
- Lymphoma & Leukemia Society
Thanks to everyone who came out, had fun and supported some good causes. And a big thank you to Scott Low and all the great volunteers over at Solon United Methodist Church, who put on a wonderful event.